- 5th May, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- 2nd May, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- 1st May, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- April saw 2,154 deaths, 1,31,239 Covid - 19 cases in Punjab
In April alone, Punjab registered a whopping 1,31,239 fresh cases and 2,154 deaths. In fact, Punjab’s 35 per cent of the total positive cases and 24 percent of the total Covid deaths were reported in the month of April — making it the most brutal month since the outbreak of the pandemic.
- 20th April, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab reports 4,653 cases, 84 deaths
Registering another 4000-plus figure, Punjab on Monday reported 4,653 fresh infections besides 84 fatalities, pushing the State’s Covid-19 tally to 3,04,660 and death toll to 7,985.
Among districts, Amritsar reported the maximum 12 casualties; followed by ten from Ludhiana; eight from Sangrur;
- 17th April, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Mohali Admn asks seven pvt hosps to reserve 50% beds for Covid patients
Mohali District Administration on Friday ordered the seven private hospitals — including Max Super-specialty, Fortis Healthcare, SGHS Sohana, Ivy Hospital — to set aside at least 50 per cent of their total bed capacity as isolation beds and wards for Covid care.
The other hospitals include
- 16th April, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab registers highest ever 4,333 cases
The new infections in Punjab are growing by 1.2 per cent every day in the past one week, with the State health authorities blaming it on the UK variant that has been found in about 80 per cent of the State’s Covid patients.
On Thursday, the State registered the steepest-ever single-day spike
- 31st March, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- 65 deaths, 2,210 cases in Punjab
Sixty-five more people succumbed to the deadly coronavirus in Punjab on Tuesday, pushing the state’s Covid-19 death toll to 6,813, taking the case fatality rate (CFR) to 2.88 percent. Besides, the state added 2,210 fresh cases to its tally, which has reached 2,36,790, in the past 24 hours.
- 29th March, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab reports 69 deaths, 2,963 positive cases
Continuing the trend of reporting high numbers of fresh cases of the novel Coronavirus along with related deaths, Punjab on Sunday registered 2,963 positive cases adding to the state’s COVID-19 tally, which has reached 2,31,734. Besides, 69 more patients succumbed to the deadly virus in the past
- 28th March, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab registers highest - ever single day spike
Breaking all previous records, Punjab on Friday witnessed the steepest single-day spike with 3,176 fresh cases of the novel corornavirus, pushing the State’s Covid-19 tally to 2,26,059. This is the highest number of infections reported in the single day. The previous high was 2848 reported on
- 26th March, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- 2,700 Covid cases in Punjab, 43 deaths
Punjab on Thursday reported 2,700 fresh Covid-19 cases, pushing the State’s coronavirus count to 2,22,937, of which 21,405 are active and 1,95,015 have recovered so far.
With 43 more Covid-positive patients succumbing to the deadly contagion, the State’s death toll has reached 6,517 at the
- 17th March, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Highest death rate at 3.05% worries Punjab
The highest fatality rate of over 3 per cent, that too since more than four months, has left the Punjab authorities worried. Adding to their fears is the detection of new strain in samples sent from the State as the Covid-19 tally surpassed the two-lakh mark.
Punjab is already among the top
- 17th February, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab SEC orders re - polling at 2 booths of Mohali's Ward No 10
Finding “irregularities” during conduct of elections in Mohali Municipal Corporation’s Ward Number 10, the Punjab State Election Commission on Tuesday ordered to conduct re-poll at the two polling booths of the ward, from where Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu’s brother Amarjeet
- 16th February, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- Culling operation of infected poultry birds concludes in SAS Nagar
Mohali District Administration has completed the process of culling operation, that started on January 22, in the three infected farms of Dera Bassi, besides its mopping and sanitization.
“After three weeks of extensive curtailment measures, threat of spread of avian flu in the district has been
- 15th February, 2021 Daily Pioneer
- 23rd January, 2021 Daily Pioneer