- 11th September, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Mohali Admn to take strict legal action against rumor mongers
Warning that stringent action will be initiated against those who spread rumors on Covid-19, Mohali Deputy Commissioner Girish Dayalan on Thursday said that sharing of unverified, misleading, malicious information on social media would invite action under relevant provisions of Indian Penal Code,
- 9th September, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab has 1,964 fresh cases, 67 deaths
Punjab on Tuesday recorded 1,964 fresh cases of the novel coronavirus, including Congress MLA from Samana Rajinder Singh and 30 PRTC staff members, besides 67 deaths, pushing the state’s infection tally to 67,547 and death toll to 1990.
Ludhiana reported the highest 13 deaths, followed by 11 in
- 25th August, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 10th July, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Mohali Admin goes hard on quarantine jumpers
Cracking whip on the quarantine jumpers, Mohali District Administration has booked four persons who violated the home quarantine, and let off 26 others after “strict warning”.
“The District Administration is proceeding very hard against the people who are jumping quarantine and putting the
- 22nd May, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Mohali admin seizes 50k litres illicit liquor
A team of Mohali District Administration, comprising Kharar Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) Himanshu Jain, AIG (Excise) GS Dhanoa, and the police, on late Wednesday night caught a history sheeter liquor smuggler and nabbed more than 50,000 litres of illicit liquor.
“A team, on specific
- 20th May, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 24th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- All essential service providers to be screened in Mohali
After ensuring the delivery of “safer” meals at the residents’ doorstep, the Mohali District Administration has now decided to screen each and everyone involved in the delivery of essential services across the district during the curfew period.
With the decision, all those involved in
- 21st April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 18th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- In Mohali, meals at doorstep to be 'safer'
Mohali residents will continue to get cooked meals at their doorsteps, but not without “screening”. The Mohali District Administration on Friday claimed that the foodstuff would be “safer” as the cooks and the delivery persons would be thoroughly examined.
A day after Delhi’s pizza
- 17th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab starts rapid testing from Mohali, Jalandhar
Taking its battle against Covid-19 to the next level, the Punjab Government on Tuesday launched Rapid Testing facility from two districts&nbsp; — Mohali and Jalandhar — with the aim of eventually covering all 17 hotspots in a phase manner.
The facility was launched by the State Health and
- 10th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- UT to begin thermal screening at border areas
With the neighboring district of Mohali reporting highest number of positive Coronavirus cases in Punjab, the Chandigarh Administration has swung into action to screen people, entering the city from the neighboring states.
A plan has been prepared to begin thermal screening and install
- 9th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 4th April, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab tally jumps to 53 with 3 new corona +ve cases
Punjab’s tally on Friday jumped to 53 with the State reporting six more cases — three from Amritsar, two from Mohali and one from Ludhiana.
Out of three positive cases in Amritsar, two are associated with Bhai Nirmal Singh Khalsa, a former Hazoori Ragi of the Golden Temple who died on Thursday
- 27th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh creates COVID fund to combat virus
To combat the spread of COVID-19 in the city, the Chandigarh Administration on Thursday created ‘Chandigarh Fights Corona Fund’.
The Administration also decided to approach District Administrations of Mohali and Panchkula for better coordination to restrict unnecessary movement in the city
- 24th March, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab reports 2 more +ve cases, total 23
Punjab reported two more confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases — one each from Mohali and Nawanshahr — on Monday, taking the total tally to 23. Both had acquired the virus after coming in contact with the positive cases reported from the two districts earlier.
The person found positive in