- 19th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab to create 550 posts for medical colleges at Patiala, Amritsar
To further improve and streamline the functioning of State’s Government medical colleges, Punjab Cabinet on Tuesday approved the creation of 550 posts in these institutions at Patiala andAmritsar.
The new posts include 66 paramedics of technical nature, 464 critical posts of nurses, technicians
- 17th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Passengers from Japan, South Korea also to be screened: Min
Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu on Sunday said that the Centre has added two more countries for screening of COVID-19 (Corona Virus).
Earlier, the State was screening the passengers having travel history to China, Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore. Now, passengers from Japan and South
- 14th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 12th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Chandigarh push for green mobility in tricity
In order to promote green mobility, as many as 1000 CNG (compressed natural gas) auto rickshaws each from Chandigarh, Punjab and Haryana will ply in the tricity area under a reciprocal agreement.
The decision was taken at the meeting of Transport Secretaries of Chandigarh Administration, State
- 11th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjabi movie 'Shooter' banned in Punjab
Punjab Government on Sunday banned the controversial Punjabi movie ‘Shooter’, based on the life and crimes of notorious gangster Sukha Kahlwan, besides registering a case against its producer KV Singh Dhillon and others for allegedly promoting violence, heinous crimes, gangsterism, drugs
- 6th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 5th February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Punjab to host International Film Festival
Punjab Government would host the first two-day International Film Festival at Inder Kumar Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKG PTU), Kapurthala, on March 16 and 17, 2020.
The decision in this regard was taken during a meeting presided over by the state Tourism and Cultural Affairs Minister
- Punjab Police Traffic Wing to work with IIT Delhi
Punjab Police traffic wing in collaboration with IIT Delhi would implement the United Nation’s transport and environment related Sustainable Development Goals in the State. a spokesperson of Punjab Police said on Tuesday.
This initiative was commenced on the request of ADGP (Traffic), Sharad S.
- ROSH DHARNAS AGAINST GOVT PLANNED
In an apparent attempt to take advantage of the Congress led Punjab Government’s failures, the Akali Dal has planned a series of protest dharnas against the ruling regime in 15 districts of the State.
SAD, which has already held rosh dharnas in seven districts, has now finalized the schedule for
- 2nd February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- UP ATS arrests KLF associate from Haridwar
Sleuths of Uttar Pradesh’s Anti-Terrorists Squad claimed to have nabbed an associate of Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF).
He was arrested from Haridwar in the late hours of Friday had allegedly supplied weapons to KLF members involved in the killing and attack on some Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
- SAD slams Punjab Govt for proposing to start home delivery of liquor in Mohali
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) on Saturday condemned Congress government in Punjab for proposing to start home delivery of liquor in SAS Nagar Mohali saying after running away from providing Ghar Ghar Rozgar, the government was offering Ghar Ghar Sharab.
Terming the proposal, which the Government
- 1st February, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- 28th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Capt vows to protect secular foundations of Constitution
Asserting that the secular foundations of India’s Constitution would continue to stand firm, Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Sunday vowed to protect one and all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
The Chief Minister declared that the nation’s unity was inviolable,
- 25th January, 2020 Daily Pioneer
- Probe into Chandigarh triple murder case reaches dead end with death of key suspect
The investigation in the triple murder case in Chandigarh’s Manimajra has reached a dead end with the death of main suspect and the head of the family, Sanjay Arora on late Thursday night.
A woman and her two children were found murdered on the intervening night of January 22 and 23. On the
- Punjab DSP who fired at wife may be suspended
Accused of opening fire at his wife, Punjab Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Atul Soni may soon face suspension. For, the Punjab Police has recommended his suspension to the State Government after taking serious note of his delinquent behaviour and misconduct.
The state police has also