- Man killed in accident - Times of India
A security guard was killed in an accident on Sunday. He was hit by an unknown vehicle while he was riding his motorcycle and heading for his home in
- ?1 crore armed loot: Police arrest 2 kingpins in Karnataka, bring them back to Mohali - Times of India
Mohali police arrested the two absconding kingpins of the case of Rs 1 crore armed loot from a Derabassi-based property dealer, from Karnataka and br
- Two former cricketers appointed members of PCA selection panels - The Tribune India
Two former Punjab Ranji and Indian Premier League (IPL) players from Ludhiana have been appointed members of the selection committees of the Punjab Cricket Association (PCA).
- Maintenance work to start at Baba Banda Bahadur memorial - Times of India
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government led by CM Bhagwant Singh Mann has approved maintenance of the Baba Banda Singh Bahadur memorial at Chappar Chiri
- 6 - months old girl child found abandoned - Times of India
Zirakpur police have recovered a 6-month-old girl child, who was packed in a sack, from the bushes of Chhat village in Zirakpur on Sunday. Her parent
- Covid - 19: 'Cases rising in Mohali; don't drop your guard' - The Indian Express
On Sunday, as many as 46 Covid positive cases were reported, while 16 patients were cured from the infection.
- Life of NRI on silver screen - The Tribune India
Gurdaspur: Bollywood filmmakers are smitten by the charitable initiatives of billionaire philanthropist and Dubai-based NRI Surinder Pal Singh Oberoi, who donates 98 per cent of his earnings to ensure the downtrodden lead a decent life. Mahesh Bhatt is directing a 2 hour 40 minute biopic on the life
- 151 dengue cases; Health Dept tells dists to ramp up measures - The Tribune India
With 151 cases being already reported, the deadly dengue has already spread its tentacles in the state. The recent rain had increased the pace of disease spread, said health officials.
- Mohali: Top officials under scanner for 'shielding' DFO in felling of trees in Mirzapur forest - The Tribune India
A Vigilance Bureau (VB) probe against former Forest Ministers Sadhu Singh Dharamsot and Sangat Singh Gilzian in alleged case of corruption in transfers and illegal felling of khair trees has brought under scanner the role of top government functionaries. They allegedly &ldquo;shielded&rdquo; DFO Gur
- Four rob elderly couple of Rs 90,000, jewellery - The Tribune India
An elderly couple was allegedly robbed of cash and jewellery worth several lakhs when four robbers, armed with sticks, barged into a house in the Trivedi Camp area at Mubarikpur in Dera Bassi on the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday. SI Balwinder Singh, along with a police team, visited the s
- One more held for assault on scribe in Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The local police today arrested the second suspect in the case of robbery and assault on a scribe of a vernacular daily on May 4. The suspect has been identified as Ravi Rajput, a resident of Kathgarh village that falls under the Dhakoli police station.
- Police continue search drive in Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The police conducted a search operation at the Maya Garden City society on the Nagla road today. However, no suspicious person, weapon or vehicle was recovered from
- Guard killed as vehicle hits bike on Zirakpur - Patiala highway - The Tribune India
A security guard was killed when his motorcycle was hit by an unknown vehicle on the Zirakpur-Patiala highway in the wee hours of today. The victim has been identified as Makhan Singh (46), a resident of Rajpura.
- Active cases cross 300 - mark in Chandigarh - The Tribune India
Active cases cross 300 - mark in Chandigarh
- Baby girl found abandoned in sack at Chhat village, Zirakpur - The Tribune India
The local police recovered a six-month-old girl, packed in a sack, from bushes at Chhat village in Zirakpur today.